Disability insurance can benefit those who lose wages due to a work-related illness or injury, or pregnancy or childbirth.
Short term disability insurance can be ideal for an insured who desires
- coverage immediately following the day of disability
- disability insurance that is not tied to a particular job
- coverage until employer-provided disability insurance takes effect
- a lower premium as a result of a shorter benefit period
Long term disability may be the best option for an insured who
- does not need immediate disability benefits because other resources are available
- desires a plan tailored to specific needs
- wants coverage to transfer if a job change occurs
- seeks long term disability benefits
For more information about short and long term disability insurance or to receive a quote, contact us today.